April 6, 2013

Sweet Bursts of Spring



With a mug of hot coffee in hand, I ventured into my garden, to wait for the Morning Glories and Poppies to open - and the soggy grass waited for the morning sun to dry its tender new growth; morning, a time of awakening

I found an old dusty chair, dormant like everything else during winter months, and parked myself with patient resolve to wait for the sun; waiting, a time for remembering.

A breeze picked up, causing branches to sway in the trees.  They hung low in expectation of the sun to show renewing warmth.  New buds appear to steel against an invisible force, with a tremor, a shiver from the night’s cool rain.

The sun’s rays began to break through the mist, a warm and comforting feeling for these old bones of mine, cares of yesterday slipped away, attempting to perish within rivulets of winter’s deep shadow.

My eyes lifted beyond, to the hills, taking in brilliant colors of Spring. A sweet scent of blossoms came to greet me, drifting down on currents of newly warmed air – and with it came the voice of a song bird, bursting with jubilation, welcoming the season, a pleasantry beyond joy. 

Remembering becomes real, bringing harmony and peace
A blend of glory in every way, wishing to never cease
No matter where I turn, no matter where I roam  
To this, I call home



No comments:

Post a Comment