May 27, 2019

On This Memorial Day


I remember when....I remember the war where hate filled the German air with Hitler's breath, where patriotism was the order of the day here in the US. I remember my dad coming home, and my uncles coming back, after being shot out of a plane, being hit with mortar...
I remember the war and how we thought and how we felt and how we lived. You then voted for a President who can lead, not one who thanks the world for watching him blunder his way down the hallway to the TV to watch a news channel that thinks he's god's latest gift to greed and hate.
The people who chant tRump's name, who clap their hands, this is the death knell to our democracy if you can't understand who this person is who is standing in front of you...he's a killer, as if he held the gun himself..he's killing us all, a slow death.
We honor this Memorial day's passing of heroic people, men, women and children. I honor only them.
https://medium.com/@steverouach/trumps-very-fine-people-are-really-stepping-up-their-game-59cdd706bbcc?sk=7ee302c342b526b36ecba68e3cdad535&fbclid=IwAR0YcnsqS359o9BtD39RgU_2C2h3C3WjQ1TpHPTIVui6XPkKQPmQnfO88VU

No comments:

Post a Comment